WUWNet is the premier venue for sharing and discussing state-of-the-art research and developments of underwater networks and systems. The conference, now at its 16th edition, aims at bringing together leading contributors from academia and industry working in diverse areas of underwater systems engineering for connecting the “Blue Economies”. The WUWNet 2022 program is designed to span three days, including keynote speeches, plenary talks, panel discussions, technical presentations, and poster/demo sessions. We invite academia and industry participants from a broad range of backgrounds relevant to underwater sensing, communications, networking, robotics, systems, and applications to participate in the conference. All aspects of the networking protocol stack—from the physical layer to the application layer—and various system issues will be represented at the conference.
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Underwater network architectures and protocols (all layers)
- Underwater communications and signal processing (acoustic and non-acoustic)
- Underwater signal propagation modeling
- Underwater localization and tracking
- Cooperative and distributed learning and signal processing
- Community data exchange and public datasets
- Underwater software-defined modems and software-defined networking
- Underwater robotic systems
- Energy-efficient hardware implementations and energy harvesting
- Operating systems and middleware support for underwater systems
- Applications of underwater networks including coordinated underwater vehicles, aquaculture, environmental sensing, infrastructure monitoring
- Modeling, simulation, testbeds, and standardization for underwater systems
- Experimental deployments and field trials
- Integration of underwater networked systems with terrestrial and aerial systems
All full papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award.
Selected papers will be considered for fast-track review for a Special Issue of the Elsevier’s Computer Networks (COMNET) journal.
|Full and short paper submission:||August 8, 2022|
|Acceptance notification:||September 19, 2022|
|Camera-ready date:||October 3, 2022|