NSF Student Travel Grants for ACM WuWNet 2014
Application Deadline: 11:55pm Eastern Standard Time, October 19, 2014
The 9th ACM International Conference on Underwater Networks and Systems (WUWNet 2014) is pleased to announce travel grants for students to attend the conference to be held in Rome, Italy, Nov. 12-14, 2014.
These travel grants are contingent to the approval of the grant by National Science Foundation, USA.
Grants are available only for full-time students attending US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents). Minority and women students from diverse institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. To apply and compete for a travel grant, the student applicant should prepare the following:
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date
2. A description of areas reflected in the ACM WUWNet 2014 program that would impact the students research
3. An elaboration on the reasons why attending the conference would be important to the student
Student applicants should create a single PDF file containing items 1-3 of the application package. Student applicants should send this file via email to Dr. Damla Turgut (email@example.com) with subject title "WuWNet 2014, Student Travel Grant Application".
In addition, a recommendation letter from the advisor of the student applicant is also required. The letter should provide the following:
- Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good academic standing
- Affirmation of the suitability of the WUWNet 2014 program material to the student's research area
- Explanation on why this particular student would benefit from attending the conference
- A statement of financial commitment to pay the remainder of the student applicants' travel cost not covered by the grant.
The advisor's recommendation letter should be sent by the advisor directly via email to Dr. Damla Turgut (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject title "WuWNet 2014, Recommendation Letter for Student Travel Grant".
Grant Requirements / Restrictions:
- Grants are available only for full-time students attending US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents).
- The full application package (by the student and the advisor) should be received on or before 11:55pm Eastern Standard Time, October 19, 2014.
- Student travel grants will provide a flat $1000 as a partial reimbursement for expenses incurred in accommodation, advance conference registration and airfare only.
- Recipients of the NSF travel award must use US flag carriers.